View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC, 427 SO from the Fliptop
Not Ranked     

rsimoes

These are the new standard gauges for the 427 Kirkham. What started the development of these gauges came from Tom Kirkham really wanting to have a more accurate and precise set of vintage looking gauges in the car, that had the componets and build quality equal to the car they build.

Not trying to put any other gauge manufacturers down, Kirkham Motorsports has used Autometer and Smiths in the past. For Tom, to take the effort to develop a MUCH better gauge that has a limited lifetime warranty says a lot about the reliability and accuracy of other gauges that were currently available for the Cobra.

If you look in a Jegs catalog and find a speedo with just a basic LCD odometer and trip, (not fuel level which the Kirkham comes with) the gauge is over $400 for the speedo alone. His gauge set quite honestly is a bargin. ( The KK printed on the dial is for his production cars)

Standard sets sold do not have the double KK on them.

By controlling the componets and electronics manufacturing process,Tom has been able keep the the parts and workmanship quallity extremly high (like always) for his own manufacting and install into his current cars.

Lets face it, most of us are putting significant money and time investment into our engines these days (I'm building a new AL427fe with Mike Lefevers at MITECH). The removal , build, dyno, install.....all tremendous time and not to mention money ....to get it right ....just the way each of us want.

I want my Gauges to be Dead Nuts accurate and accurate under G load as well.

The best part for us with the Cobra Bug on our shoulder is..... now we have more options, A Cobra gauge set that is truly a precise instrument

Last edited by Rick162; 11-23-2006 at 08:23 AM..