View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone for the feedback thus far;

Let me answer some questions for the comments that were made;

- Yes, I prelubed through the distibutor to pre-oil bearings and drive train through the oil pump as I have read so many times.
- According to my Autometer oil pressure gauge - 0 psi at start up and in idle.
- The starter. I do not know specifically what you guys mean when you ask for starter problems. What I can tell you is it sounds like it is building up to the point in which the engine finally kicks over. Its sounds like the starter is engaging, I am holding the starter in. Holding it in, and then for a good thrity seconds until when I release it I find out to my surprise that the motor is independent. But you would never know otherwise because the engine sounds the same with and without the starter running, it really never builds up to that "I am runnning happily" RPM sound. Make sense? It sounds as though the starter is building up for the engine to finally decide it can do something. I have no doubt though that the starter can not take this for long.
- The cylinder heads are brand new Dart One Pro.
- The PSI was given to me by the engine builder whom said to run it at 9 to 11psi on 91 octane gas. California gas makes a difference versus midwest gas?
- Noise. I meant that the sound through the side pipes was much deeper and throatier - like I was running 10" dia. pipes at 2 RPM off of a diesel truck. Not engine noise, but exhaust noise. The damn exhaust noise is so over bearing I could not hear the engine. Maybe it sounds bad, but I would never know. I think it is a case of a very bad idle and an engine which can not sustain itself.

Thanks for the replys. It sounds like a carb tune up and timing is what is suggested.