View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I assume you are just running your headers and not your side pipes which might account for the extra deep noise. When your engine builder built the engine did he dyno it? I understand what you are saying about California gas vs midwest gas because your gas has more oxygen in it to aid in low emissions. But, I still think you are running to much fuel pressure. It also sounds as though your timing is to far advanced which will cause it to run hot.

Here is what I would do if it were me: Put a charger on your battery to make sure your battery is putting out a full charge. Double check your wiring after you find Top Dead Center on your #1 cylinder. Second I would back the timing off a few degrees and with the key on I would dial my fuel pressure back to about 6.5 pounds. Then replace all my plugs and set their gap at about .038-.042. (this is my preference some like their gap a little wider). Then I would fire it up and double check my timing with a good light. Keep your RPMS at about 2000 while it is warming up until it will idle (I know your cam has been broken in already).

Let us know what you find out today.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"