View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

All of the mufflers listed except for Flowmaster are basically a glass pack. Straight through with a bit of a curve. The tubing passing through the muffler is perforated, and then the rest of the body has a packing of some sort, or another. I myself am thinking of a 289 275 HP with an under car exhaust. I was hoping to find a cast iron manifold application, but that does not seem possible, but one never knows. I was going to experiment with 2, or 3 long glass packs welded together under the car. What ever length I could get to fit before a bend. The bigger, diameter, the system, the better it will breathe. You lose your low end unless you are side stepping the clutch with a big system. Not good for everyday driving. You need to ask yourself, what kind of driving you will be doing, and then it is easy to decide on a system. I have done exhaust for 30 years, and tried most everything on most of my cars. Flowmasters are very loud mufflers, and not really the best breathing muffler there is.