View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: early Contemporary Cobra (1005), 67 Shelby GT350 with Inline carb on a Boss 302
Not Ranked     
Default Taillight reflectors

I just modified my taillights by cutting out the bottom section of the backing plate and modifying reflectors from Pilot PL250 back-up lights. There was a fair amount of work involved and when I was done, I did a comparison to the stock tallight. The modified light is more consistent top to bottom, but not as bright in the top portion. I like having the assembly closed up with the reflector so contamination won't get into them, but would probably buy the Superformance taillights if I was starting from scratch. Current price from Bill at the Snakepit is $80/pair plus $5 shipping. Just read a review on bulbs, the halogen bulb surface gets up over 300 degrees and if the brakes were on for a couple of minutes continuous they began melting the test motorcycle's lens. I use 2357LL's in place of 1157's for the brighter brake light with only .1 amp more current.
Pictures in my gallery of the difference in brightness and a shot from the back, Art

Last edited by Shelboss; 11-30-2006 at 06:45 AM..