View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     

If I get what Excaliber is saying, PORTED vacuum exists only under light load conditions when the throttle plates are slightly opened such as under cruising conditions and rapidly falls off under full throttle or idle conditions. if that is true, then Holley vacuum secondary carbs must then have THREE types of vacuum ports, one in the base plate for manifold vacuum at idle, ported port at the throttle plates for full vacuum at partial throttle, and a venturi vacuum port that provides increasing vacuum signal as air flow through the secondary venturis increases to cause the secondary throttle plates to open in response to increased air flow.

Maybe I will go ahead and try ported vacuum since that is what most of the responses seem to indicate as correct. If anyone sees a giant mushroom cloud arising from the east you will know I was wrong.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."