View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     
Default Butler Cobra with Mustang II IFS

cdcofer, Thanks for the status report on your Cobra and the links. I'm leaning towards the Mustang II as there are tons of after-market Mustang II components available at reasonable prices + you can buy upgrades like: larger brake rotors, multi piston calipers, etc. etc.

Tom, Great job on your IFS. Did the track width change? Any problem with connecting the steering column?
FYI the angle mounting of the upper wishbone is for Anti-Dive characteristics. The angle is about 3 + - degrees higher in the front. It prevents the nose from diving down under hard braking forces. The engineering on anti-dive is complex and involves vector force calculations. And it seems that the 3 degree incline does the trick.

Duane, I don't know of anyone who has done a Mustang II for the Butler Cobra. I'm here on the Forum looking for that. Unique Cobra has a system ($3,230.00) that they say should bolt up to the Butler and I understand that the design/geometry is based on the original AC Cobra. I don't know if Unique takes into consideration the bottom radiator hose of the Butler, but I'm sure they can answer that and other issues.

I'm going to try to find the time to take a serious look at designing a replacement IFS using Mustang II components that will bolt directly to the Butler chassis. If and when I get it done and it works, I'll post it here.

Regards,

Arthur