Old 12-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirkham
No,

I am not that good of a driver! Maybe Morris, or Mario Andretti could tell.

David

I guess what I was trying to get at is when moving from one surface to another at a different angle, let's say a steep driveway, where you come in at a 45 degree angle to be sure that you won't scrape the front, so one wheel hits at a time. As the front wheel climbs the driveway, and the opposite side rear wheel is still on flat pavement, could you feel a difference in the frame torsion between the stainless and the steel?

I had a friend that I used to visit with a couple different Corvettes with a real steep driveway as described above. I remember that with my 1993 Vette, it was like jello, you felt the car's structure completely twist as it flexed going up that driveway, while the 2004 Z06 I had later would feel like it was carved from a chunk of steel. I think it would have picked up a wheel off the ground before it gave in this stress. The difference between these two generations of vettes is significant. . .

Furthermore, I assume the stainless is thinner than the steel in order to be lighter, since I believe SS is stronger than steel, is this assumption correct?

Last edited by rsimoes; 12-04-2006 at 11:24 AM..