Thread: Yellow
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Default Yellow

I forgot to mention in my last post how my brother and I had been discussing whether to do a home paintjob or not.

He asked the panel guy down the road about the preparation and for a ball park price on spaying the car. Panel guy was very helpful and dropped over a spray-gun, some thinners, undercoat and hardener which I showed being put to use in the prior post.

Anyway, another week of rubbing and then this monday, while on holidays - my very generous brother took the cobra into the panel shop where they's decided they could squeeze me in before christmas.

These photo are just with the phone camera and in an unlit shed - so colour is nqr - but you get the idea. Actual colour is Ford 'Rapid Yellow' - there was a BA Falcon GT on display at the brothers dealership when we got the kit and it was impressive...

No stripes yet - have a plan. Also no doors, bonnet or boot lid or price yet - taking a deep breath.

You can see that we've started to put some bits back on.

And I'm delighted with the result

LoBelly