Thread: New Wheels
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up New Wheels

Well gents....after lots of deliberation I have decided NOT to go with Halibrands for my new set of street tyres...

The reasons are primarily cost and clearance. Because I am using the larger Skyline calipers they protrude 40mm past the bolt up face making rims with a flat or near flat internal unable to fit. Thus the reson why we see so many GTR skylines with flat rim surfaces and large concave rim inners to clear the anchors...

I could have had a set of Dragway custom billets made but sadly I would not have got much of a deep dish look at all and with no change out of $6000.00 bucks almost its alot of $$$$. Add some donuts to that and you're looking at $2G a corner. Yep 8 big ones!

So, stay tuned for my new wheels and tyres in my gallery. The race rubber and old rims are staying but I just need some new streeters.

Tyres are Hankook Ventus Sport K104 255/55 front (662dia) and 275/40 rear (650dia)

Rims 17inch!

The rest you'll see. But it'll still be something kinda Jap Ricer mixed with US muscle.... I guess.....

However I already have a plan on where that saved money is going.....

Spookypt