View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2
Ray-very nice GT. I have been researching these cars but, alas, with the engine/trans. combo ect.....I figure apx. 70k, too much for me. If I may ask, what apx. price is yours ? I like yours & Fran's RCR. What drive train do you have ?
It's sitting real nice too.

Thanks,
Thanks, Kevin. Your numbers are about right. I have a lot more than that into mine but I put Webers and a lot of suspension mods into it; which you can do slowly. I have a basic crate 302 with 4 48IDAs, mated to an Audi Getrag 5 spd. It's really a great combo. I wouldn't know what to do with more power than this as it gets away from me occasionally as it is. When I want brute HP, I jump in the Cobra. The GT40 is a real driving machine. Way different than the Cobra in that you always want to finesse it around the twisties, instead of muscling it around corners and stomping on the gas. When you get it right, it almost feels like it just floats around the corners so gracefully and without complaint.
The RCR is a nice one but I like the monocoque chassis in the CAV; and in stainless steel. The new CAVs are supposed to be fantastic in terms of fit and finish. I have yet to see and drive one.

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg