View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1980 Arntz 427W, Webers, TKO600, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Freddie,
My new IFS is 100% better. The old MGB IFS had a violent left to right twitch when letting off the gas in a hard cornering situation. I did not try to sort it out. I knew a guy who could fab a new front clip with Corvette parts. If I did it over I would not use Corvette parts. I’d spend more time on correct geometry and custom A-arms. I am really happy with the way the car handles. I am not a racecar driver. I do not drive the car on a track. I have coil over shocks with 500# springs and no sway bar. The car drives like a slot car, no lean. On a side note, the rear has 4 Aldens and a sway bar. I am not saying MGB IFS cannot be made to work correctly. I just did not spend time on it. The key words here are “sorting it out.” I had two “professionals” work on the car. One to fab the clip and one to install it. After having the car home for 6 months I cut the suspension loose and moved it forward 1 1/2 inches. To this day I am still sorting it out. What makes it ok is I like working on the car.
Show us some pictures of your project.