View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Tom,

Was that violent twitch SYMMETRICAL--i.e., did it go right-to-left also? Believe it or not, I put over 3700 miles on the Butler BEFORE I decided to fix it up. During those miles, I was using the old "Butlerized" MGB front and it didn't do that---even thogh I was "exploring the limits" (mine and the cars!).

I DO know that front-mid-engined cars can be a tad "tail happy" especially in a trailing-throttle- oversteer situation, but what you describe is clearly different and sounds more serious/exciting! Oddly enuff, I didn't experience it with the old f/e but if it occurs with the new one.........well "out with the new...in with the NEWER"! Ar-ar.

As to posting pictures, well, you met me. Need any wood split....manually? Truth be told, Tom, if you needed cheering up or just a plain old belly-larf-----I'd send you a DVD of me trying to use the scanner and all that "indoor techy stuff"-----it is just plain embarassing. I can drive like hell and have the tickets to prove it, but, this compooooootah stuff.

And, by the way, if you need a massive sherpa to carry your tool-box out to Hawaii, I'm tanned, rested, etc. Ar-ar. That WAS you going out there to fix a guy's Jeep or something, wasn't it?

Merry Christmas.

PS if you e-mail me your snail-mail address (again, no doubt), I will send you some pichahs of me fairing the Butler's butt, yanking the engine or assessiong the frame (it's colossally strong, true and square---as is yours, no doubt). Oh (PPS)--I'm moving the body forward 1.5 inches and a tad to the right, just to center everything. I yam also creating gobs of space for the feet by reshaping the footwell----you KNOW how much room Butler stole for those auto trannies!