Thread: Tranny Spacer
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 714, HD 2006 Road King Classic, several model helicopters )
Not Ranked     
Default Input shaft install

Scott-

Ok, I put my tranny with spacer on a lift and lined it up with the bellhousing hole and about 6 inches away from it. I installed the throw out fork and the clutch bearing and then I slowly pushed the tranny in. Got it through the clutch bearing and kept pushing.

I got to within about 1-1/2 inches of the tranny casing touching the bellhousing ( the input shaft was almost all the way in) and it wouldn't go any further- now, mind you, I have never done this before so I backed off in an abundance of caution. Is there anything special I should do to get them to mate properly?--like turn the crankshaft a little to get the splines to line up properly? It may be that the alignment of the two wasnt quite right- I get the sense it will be a little trial and error but a voice of experience here would go a long way.

I couldn't tell what was keeping it from going all the way in, so I backed it all out and decided to call for help.

Thanks,

David