View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!

That was my car at PRI and the reason I chose RCR was that I am 6'2 205 and I did not fit in the SPF either. I think the CAV is every bit as tight. The truth is the GT40 was never built for a tall guy like us.

My $.02 on RCR is that with a complete interior (supplied in the kit), $5000 on a paint job (probably less to get the quality of the average roller) a $30,000 drivetrain and a few odds and ends I am on the road with a GREAT car for the price of a SPF roller and less that the ERA kit! (apples to apples).

I am a proud owner of a beautiful Kirkham and I am a fanatic for detail. That is WHY I chose the RCR. This is a remarkable kit. Fran can do a turnkey minus for about $58,000. It's like you said, there are many reasons to buy one kit over another. " some people like Kirkham cobras and some people like ERA's and FFR's."

All kidding aside, if you saw all the cars in thier "raw" form as you saw the RCR and you still didn't think it was for you, thats cool. But you can only see a CAV and SPF all finished and shined up. Don't you every wonder whats under the paint?