Thread: Geetings
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     
Default Greetings

Hello all. This is my first post and let me just say how refreshing it is to find so many helpful and well mannered people on a car forum like this. Great work!

I've been dreaming about building a Cobra replica for years, more so after parting with my beloved HT Monaro (built on student budget, e.g., 90% bog ).

Anyway I'm very much in the info-gathering phase right now, tons of questions to ask and decisions to be made. I'm starting with the budget side of things and one area that's hard to pin down is insurance.

So I'd welcome any ballpark numbers for insuring one of these cars (preferrably in Vic) and with whom you're insured. I guess it's fair to say I'm after full comp on a $50,000 car? Any other thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated.

And that thread on the Victorian EPA inspections has really put the wind up me. Can anyone recommend a good engineer in Melbourne who really has his head around this whole compliance issue? When my Cobra is finally registered I want it to stay that way!

Many thanks,
Paul

Last edited by sambo; 01-12-2007 at 12:48 PM..