View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra, 427SO 2x4's, 630HP/600TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax1
I have heard the MT Steets are suppose to be the best thing going in a street tire. I was planning on the MT Slicks... supposed to be pretty decent. I have another problem however... the 15" rims dont clear my rear brakes... looks like I am going to have to use 16's.... there goes another 10th of my 60 ft times!
I
As a suggestion; I would find out what spline axles you have before I went out and invested in pure drag slicks. If they are not at least 31 spline (preferrably 33's) you can pretty much count on wiping out the rear, (or parts there-in) upon launch with straight slicks. And if you insist on buying straight slicks, then you might as well buy drag rims (WELD is good brand), so the slicks can be screwed to the rim. Other wise you can't lower the tire pressure enough to take advantage of the slick's ripple wall without the tire slipping on the rim and you've accomplished little. Path of least resistance for a street car with occasional trips to the drags is M/T ET Street Radials for the strip, on a stock rim dropped to around 14#'s and go have fun with pretty good traction. (Unless you got a deep wallet for busted parts.) IMHO