View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Steve:

RE: Don.
Is there any way to contact the 300 or so other composite owners to stir them up.??

The DMV hard copy report I was given access to indicated year/type of registration and Make, such as Composite. At the time, I indicated to the contact at DMV Business Services I did not have a need for the N & A, which expedited my access to the data. Reason being, was only interested in the number of Composites registered by year. Since the report already existed ( very important ) in a format that had the info I wanted, the $0.25 FOI charge per page was waived. The report was about 6 to 8 inches high of computer paper, forgot the exact page count

That said, I will contact the DMV Business Services Unit, explain the need/reason for the N & A for Composites and determine if the information can be made available. At the time, it was mentioned the DMV did not have any software. report generators, to produce reports on a selective basis.

Just as a FYI, the DMV individual drove to Wethersfield from an office in the southern part of the state with the report to meet me, and then I used the cafeteria to view the report.......extremely helpful individual.