View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As Jim said, all cars are "No Reserve" cars.........I watched a documentary type show a while back about the 2006 BJ auction........Craig stated that they have room/time to sell about 1100 autos, give or take a few and for the 2006 sale, they had a little over 5000 applications to pick from, he also stated that any application with "A reserve price" was immediatley put aside and not considered for the sale..........

The show focused on 2 different collector/seller/specualtors that had each brought 4 to 6 cars to sell...........one seller lost money on 4 of the 6, but end the end, made a few dollars all total, cause he had one great seller..........I think the other seller lost money on all her cars and was very disappointed and accused the BJ people of not giving her cars more time on the block and more "hype", she left pretty mad..........

A lot of sellers leave mad when their cars do not bring "lotto money" that they think they'll get, because a similar car got big money last year, too many speculators with pipe dreams........they show the top dogs in prime time, but if you would see some of the non-prime time cars, you'd be surprised at some of the low prices these cars are sold for................

David