View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

As of Friday 1/19, Dave from the 4Cs ( CT Council of Car Clubs ) and Jason from SEMA have been in contact with RENEW1 and myself. Discussion is underway to see if the SEMA model legislation can serve both the combined interests of the Cobra community and the 4Cs. The Bill that was filed can have detail narrative added at a later date. Claire is aware of the alternative ( s ) Also, SEMA to take the lead in working with the House Transportation Committee and the General Assembly using their resources and experience with 15 other states.

Support for the Bill is still appropriate in meeting the objective on the permanent exemption on emission testing but might or could take another form by eliminating the Composite designation if the kit or replica models a previously manufactured auto. . Using the year the replica models as the registration year, i.e. 25 years or older ( Cobra 1965 & 1966 ) would automatically exempt the vehicle from emissions, which has been the primary focus. There could be other advantages, but more questions to be answered and clarification on the total impact of the SEMA Bill, both to the 4Cs and the Cobra owners. A combined effort would have more opportunity and leverage for success.

Should there in the final analysis be any unknown obstacles, the alternative of adding Composites to the legislated exemptions from emissions testing would still be a direction that could be taken.

Jason from SEMA is in LA next week , but will continue to devise and propose an alternative strategy.

The ultimate would be a WIN/WIN for everyone

RENEW1 and I have not compared the responses. might be some slight differences, but the intent is identical, the best solution for everyone.

http://ctccc.cctol.com/index.html