Thread: Nitrous Oxide
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force kit, LS1, 4L60, 4.09 LSD... Gone to Queensland!!!
Not Ranked     

I've played with both wet and dry systems on various machines and as Ozvenom suggests, you MUST ensure your fuel system is up to the task!

On a standard engine, a dry system is fairly straight forward to install and can be safer than a full wet system. The safest aspect of a dry system is that the cars ECU is controlling the fuelling, and given that the MAF is working correctly, it will deliver the same amount of extra fuel every time. This is only true if the fuel system is completely up to the task. This means, injectors must be clean and flowing to their full potential, fuel pump must be 100%, and filters should be clean or new.
NOTE: If you have modified your engine, ie. cam and or head work, you should NOT use a dry system....

What is the coolest NOS powered machine in my opinion??? My friend in Darwin has a trayback Landcruiser (FJ45 I think), with an EFI 304 Holden motor, turbo 400 auto and 300 hp of nitrous. With a race weight of 2.16 tonnes (without driver), it runs 12.1 second quarters!!! I'll dig up a picture of it....