View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#2189
Not Ranked     

Don,
A thought would be, can all who will attend meet up somehow there for combined strategy.??

Also what do you think of this used w/perm letter:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Joint Transportation Committee Member:

By this letter, I am requesting your support for legislation (H.B. No.5790) to exempt composite vehicles from emissions testing including street rods and custom cars, kit cars and replicas.

This legislation represents a number of important benefits to a huge number of Connecticut residents. The Connecticut street rod and custom vehicle community is an important part of our State.

Street rods and custom cars are the same crowd pleasers that participate in exhibitions and as parade vehicles, and whose owners regularly contribute to charities and civic events. H.B. 5790 simply recognize the immeasurable amount of time, money and thought automotive hobbyists invest in their cars. For many vehicle enthusiasts in Connecticut and throughout America, building, maintaining and enjoying their vehicles is a favorite pastime. This legislation represents an opportunity to acknowledge their commitment to the hobby and to protect it for future generations.

Based on model legislation crafted by the Specialty Equipment market Association (SEMA), similar bills have been enacted in Illinois (2002), Missouri (2004), Rhode Island (2004), Montana (2005) and Maine (2005). A version of the bill was also enacted in Hawaii (2004). The New York, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Virginia, Wyoming and Arkansas Legislatures have already introduced the SEMA model for the 2006 legislative session.

Thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions, or require additional information please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
xxx
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by SJK2; 02-07-2007 at 06:57 AM..