View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Steve, good thought, but by Friday morning @ 9:00 the 50 copies of the written testimony will need to be prepared.

Difficult to determine what is valued more, the written or the speaking session, especially with 34 members on the House Transportation Committee. Remeber that all members of the Transportation Committee may or may not be present during the entire Public Hearing due to conflicts with other Committee schedules etc., implies the importance of the written testimony to inform all 34.

There is no right or wrong approach, but when I was on a Corporate Public Affairs Committee, we encouraged everyone to use their own words and thoughts to convey the message which is implied in the title of HB 5790,:

Title: AN ACT CONCERNING COMPOSITE VEHICLES.

Statement of Purpose: To exempt composite vehicles from emissions testing because such vehicles are only driven a few miles per year.

The thought being that if every written document was similar or even exactly the same ( resembles a petition ), there could be a tendency to ignore the document, not knowing the preferences and thought process of 34 individuals .

The point is valid in mentioning what other states are doing.

Last edited by Don; 02-07-2007 at 08:04 PM..