View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Elvis Presley and the White 427 Cobra

The King was a car guy, more or less, though he bought more Cadillacs than anything else. He did have a Rolls Phantom V which I think is still at Graceland and a Stutz Blackhawk. And a Pantera he shot at when it wouldn't start.
But the only car I want to find him pictured with is a white 427 Cobra. I saw the movie Spinout on TV, and if I have my title right, I think he's driving a white 427 Cobra in the opening scene. Only minutes after that opening scene he spins it out and off the road into the water wherupon presto-chango it changes into some damn kit car (you didn't expect that to smash a real Cobra did you?) I went to those shops in Hollywood that sell movie shots but none had any of Presley with the white car though it's even on the movie poster (though posters varied for different countries).
I don't know how to download a still picture from a movie but if anybody does, let me know and I'll pay for the movie rental.
I even think the car might be Ollie the Dragon, the car that was raced by either Hal Keck or Essex Wire, famous for belching flames out of the hood scoop!
I am disappointed that Presley, after his brush with the ultimate Cobra , didn't buy one himself but he had to save his money to buy all those teddy bears...

History Buff