View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID GAGNARD
Kinda OT, but I relay an expirience with "test drivers"........
You'll remember the movie remake a few years ago;The Dukes of Hazard???? well, it was filmed here in Louisiana and most of the driving scenes were done on the road course I race on...they were looking for "local cars" to do the road race scenes and we have about 15 cars that regularly race in the Vintage class, mine included....they contacted us all and wanted to "rent" our cars for the movie, only hitch was they would only use "their stunt drivers".... the contract said they would pay for any and all damage done to the cars, but "we would have to prove the damage to them" for payment.....about 7 or 8 guys ponied up their cars and when the dust settled, they were all very sorry they did...all the cars were throughly trashed, all needed engine rebuilds and all needed at the least a paint job and most needed quite a bit of body work. the owners were finally paid for the damages, but it was not easy getting the money out of the film company.... saw them shoot a few scenes and although I DID NOT have a car in there, I wanted to kill some of their "professional stunt drivers"...those guys did not give a damn what they did to the cars and took great delight in seeing just how much abuse the cars would take before braking something on them, they were total jerks and not really very good drivers to boot..............

David
I know some guys that let their boats be used for the making of the new Miami Vice movie and they were not to happy either...