View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default Something a little different for the Dark Siders

Hi All,

I've been on the road with work for the past 3 weeks. I got a nice surprise when I got home that some bits I'd ordered from the US had come in.

I got home from the office tonight and went out to the shed and started bolting the goodies on to see what it will all look like.

Check it out:

It's an Edelbrock Victor Jr for the LS1 but I'm using a 4 barrel throttle body rather than the carburettor that these are often set up for. The throttle body flows 1000CFM which should be plenty and it takes all the standard sensors and connectors used by the stock throttle body. This basically means it's a bolt on replacement for the stock manifold and throttle body and the ECU will run it fine.

Hood clearance is good. it will fit under the stock scoop however I've got to widen the hole a little.

At this stage I'm just bolting it up to see how it fits and working out where the loom will run. I've still got to source some fuel fittings and other bits.

I'm going to speak to the engineer and see if he thinks I can get it through rego with this manifold on it. I've seen plenty of other cars go through with aftermarket manifolds so I'm confident of my chances.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 03-01-2007 at 04:12 AM..