View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Do I understand thudmaster correctly that, for two grand, you can buy licensed Shelby registry recognition for the series of car you own, thus making it a "real one", but, if you don't buck up its just "another" replica?

So this really is about how much you are willing to pay out to be recognized in the registry, period.
I wonder, if any replica owner were to approach SAI with enough money how much they would charge for said recognition, thus turning their replica Cobra into a "real one".
Huh, two grand and its a Real 1. I guess you got off lucky in a way thudmaster, consider what guys are paying these days for a "real 1" and all it takes for you is a couple grand.
Thats what it has always been about with SAI, and a lot of other companies for that matter though, you want the name (and registry) you buck up.

I guess we will see how future collectors regard a "real 1" car of this production era, that at this point is flooding the market and producing an unlimited amount of cars, (do you think they will stop producing cars just so SAI owners can watch their car values rise?) as opposed to builders of the 60's which produced the limited amount of 900 give or take.

Business being business, if you have a chance at the authenticated badge/#plate for two grand, and that purchase will transform your car into a real 1, you should give it serious consideration, if you do call me will you, I want to watch this magical transformation, oh, sorry, that happens in your checkbook.