Thread: Roll Cage
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Roll Cage

The cage is coming along as you can see by the pics below.

The diagonal bar on top is going to be reworked so that it is flat and wil then bend down into the front corner. There will also be another that will run the other way to form an X over the top.

As you can see the cage is as out board as possible and I have 2 door skins that I will hinge as doors, this will alow me to cut out the holes for the posts.
I am reworking the hinges for the normal doors so that I can remove the pin and remove the doors, this will allow me to keep the position when they are removed and reinstalled. That is why I wanted the door striker to remain, I don't want to have to refit the doores every time I put the cage in. This may be ok now but when it is painted it may be a little different.

There is still the taxi bar to go just above the back of the seats and the 2 rear stays.

I am very please with the look of the cage but also the workmanship, I will take some photos of the welds, absolutley perfect.

It should be finished on Tuesday I will post some more pics then.

I will appreciate your comments as if there is something I have missed now is the time to let me know.

Phil