View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

The CT Composite count that I was able to obtain from the DMV:

CT refers to all kit cars and replicas as Composites which would include the T-Buckets etc.

The make/model within Passenger Cars such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge etc also included the Composite make

While not high tech, the DMV gave me access to a " make " listing by year , then just recorded the number of Composites for each year, as of 2-20-07, there are 337

If a hot rod or custom was an original make and year , it would/could be registered as a Ford, Chevy etc and there would be no way to determine how many were modified and then became a custom or hotrod. Especially if the modifications came after the initial registration.

The designation of Composite is sometimes discretionary, as most if not all DMV inspectors know or think every vehicle that resembles a Cobra , must be a kit. If it was a fiberglass 34 Ford, it is possible that the vehicle would get registered as a Ford, even with a replacement frame.