Old 03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
Jimi,

I suddenly have a tremendous amount of slop in my shift handle after engaging into gear on my TKO 600. The shift handle can be moved almost back to the center of the pattern, and still be engaged. Have I broken some sort of retention device? Is it in the top part of the housing, so that I can repair it without pulling the tranny out of the car?
Dave,

The first thing I would check is that your shifter stick is bolted to the shift top tightly. I have never seen a sloppy shift top on a TKO600, but there is always a first time for everything. If the shift stick is bolted securely to the top than there is something wrong internally in your shift top. As for being able to work on it without having to drop the tranny, as long as the opening in the top tunnel opening is large enough to allow the shift top to come out you can do it without dropping the tranny. jimig@standardtransmission.com