View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Yep, I think I'm on first name basis with every nut and bolt on this car. I've even been invited home to meet some of their families.

I'm still going to try to get to ShelbyFest but it's been hard with me workload lately. Getting distracted with this intake stuff probably doesn't help my efforts either.

I've been working interstate a lot and away from home over week ends. That should all be finished hopefully by Easter so I plan to take a week off afterwards and put some serious work into the car.

I really want to get there if only to circulate around the track for a test and tune session.

Throttle response is great. The induction noise is wonderful. When you first fire it up the sucking noise from the throttle body is really loud. Once the IAC kicks in and regulates the idle this seems to quieten right down. I reckon I'm going to have to pull the under body system off and put my side pipes on this week end just to hear the thing roar.

The engineer I've been dealing with is Collin Young but I've been having trouble geting hold of him recently. He used to engineer Robnel's cars and he did Leeroy's CR as well. I haven't got any answer on this induction setup but I won't know if I don't try.

Les, it sounds like you have the bug. Good for you.

Cheers