View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force kit, LS1, 4L60, 4.09 LSD... Gone to Queensland!!!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsd
Sorry but this is the type of thing that has assisted in destroying the image of the original Cobra. The vision of what a Cobra really was like has been so bastardized because of all of these "replicas" (I hesitate to say replica because many have been built with no attempt to replicate the original car) running around built with parts that were never on Cobras. If you want a Chevy motor buy a Corvette or a Chevelle. Here is a link for the forum you should join http://www.chevytalk.com/.
Oh my god, you have got to be kidding!!! Firstly, quote "Sorry but this is the type of thing that has assisted in destroying the image of the original Cobra". How many Cobra (replica) owners get asked, is it real? Most of the guys in the club over here reckon that would be the single most asked question of all. Most people don't ask what engine it has, most wouldn't have a clue anyway.

Replica's come in all shapes, sizes and quailties. Just remember, your car (albeit a very nice one) is no more a real Shelby Cobra than mine is...

From outside the vehicle, how can you tell what motor it has??? I will make this very easy on my car, my number plates will be "LS1 COBRA". I will probably have stickers promoting my business too, "LS1TUNE.... Tuning GM's finest".

A post like yours makes me want to get, "NOT FORD" number plates....

Last edited by Plums; 03-15-2007 at 05:50 PM..