View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 675 - 427 SO
Not Ranked     
Default Need help with solid lifters

Hello everybody. I’m having trouble finding the correct solid lifters for my 427. I am in the process of converting to a Jesel roller rocker system. I didn’t realize at the time that the Jesel system doesn’t get oil to the rockers using the traditional method of up through heads, then through the rocker stands and finally out through shafts to the rockers. Jesel uses hollow pushrods to transfer the oil from the oil galleys via the lifters. Anyway, my 427 service block is a “juicer” and it has the extra lifter oil galleys so there doesn’t appear to be a problem getting oil to the lifters.

Where I’m having trouble is locating solid lifters for the 427 that have the oil transfer holes that are needed to get the oil into the pushrods. So here’s my questions:
1. Does anybody know of a solid lifter for the FE with the needed oil transfer oils?
2. Could I use the Comp Cams 833-16 solid lifter for the 302-351 & 460-429 engines? This lifter has the correct oil holes and is the correct .874 diameter. It is about .150 longer, but since I need new pushrods anyway, I would just order the shorter pushrods.

Thanks for the help, Tom