View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

welcome, cobraduke.
glad you're going to join us.
You've made some very good/valid points, but i have to say some of your comments, well......

anyway, the Houston area has a website on Yahoo groups that they discuss most of their plans. the Austin group also has a 'yahoo groups' that they discuss things. Maybe that's why the Dallas group looks a little heavy on the posting?? The Dallas group does not have a Yahoo group. We discuss our plans on these threads.
Also, realize these are volunteer jobs, and the fact that anyone has even made a map to get to the restaurants is 'a big deal'. There isn't 'anyone in charge' to check in with. There is a check in site at the hotel. There is a registration packet with maps in it.
If you weren't able to 'find' the photo site, and got frustrated looking for people to give you information, then I'm sorry!
Every year is a little bit different, and you just gotta go with the flow.

If you were there by 9 last year, i don't see how you missed check in, etc.
Registration is in the hotel lobby, and again, volunteers have to sit and man the booth. Wandering around the parking lot will generally get you to the right places.
This isn't like a 'real convention' where paid staff are all over, ready to assist. These are just regular folks, getting together for a fun weekend.
It's extremely organized, comparatively speaking, to just a few years ago!

Gregg, Dean, and countless others put a lot of time into the routes, packets, and details.
Colleen puts a lot of work into registration, nametags, etc.
Anyway, seeya Saturday, and stay with the group! Less likely to get lost that way. I'm always panicked I'm gonna get separated at a light or something. Happens all the time!

Dean, thanks for all your hard work with the routes, maps, planning, etc.
I look forward to meeting you this weekend!

Oh yes, cobraduke- you need to bring something for the Houston parking lot party on Saturday night!!

can somebody post the yahoo group link for him?? I know the Austin groups' site, but not the Houston.

Kristen