View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Red face Thanks, I Think

Thanks all for the welcome and advice. I am a member of the HCC Yahoo group, great idea. I'm adopted by them as a charitable act as Houston hasn't quite absorbed College Station, YET. I don't get to hang with them as often as I'd like, schedules and distance.

You're also correct about hanging with the group through Austin, LOL. That's why the map would have been SOO cool last year. I think I proved my flow-going last year when I managed to find the meeting place in Marble Falls Any way, being at the back of the pack as we left the hotel was an experience. West of Austin, it got to looking like a lime rally for cobras with cars going every direction at high rates of noise- but alas no lime. Apparently some didn't recover as they never did show up at the meeting site, too bad huh

I have to confess I've never peed on an electric fence, even an Aggie can figure out that this is a bad idea. I confirmed my suspicions with a call to my son, an Aggie EE. He was quite graphic in his explanation and seemed to have unusually strong opinions about the practice. BEVO is a steer isn't it By the way, he also cautioned about licking them as well, that's a freebee.

I hope Dean is going to look good in pink and I think I'll be able to recognize him, but IMHO he should avoid wearing it on 6th Street or they might not want to let him go. Maybe Dean and Greg could combine their ideas and wear maaavelous pink cobras, so they might receive the congradulations for their selfless efforts given to the rest of us. Somebody is in charge, just let a legal issue arise to see how quickly that gets sorted out. The concept of plausable deniability only works in politics, IMHO. Might as well embrace the pink cobra

I really didn't mean to imply there is no place in the forum for fluff or that the Dallas club should get their own site/group I tried to make the point that a thread whose purpose is event information should not be highjacked by multiple posts that are merely banter or personal arrangements or insider references that have nothing to do with the thread topic. There is no reason a thread for any one or all of those things can not be started for those wanting to shoot the bull, steer, fence, whatever or that involves the internal coordination for a town club. A little humor is great for lightening things up and was not what I meant by fluff, but IMHO highjacking this thread as was done reduces its effectiveness and openess to the many for the amusement of the few I guess it is a matter of perspective and I took the opportunity to give mine and I appreciate and accept all ya'lls', hope it can all be processed constructively with a view to being user friendly even to the uninitiated, such as me I have been and am involved in operating volunteer efforts, so I think I understand the sensitivity to any suggestions or perceived critique from an outsider(s). I hope to become a part of the answer, not the problem See you Saturday (maybe even Friday), even if we probably won't recognize each other