Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badman
Dean,

Very nice clean installation; looks professional! Can you provide us with a list of the vendor part numbers, costs, and an estimated installation time?

Thanks,
Thanks for the compliments. All up it's a little over $400.

Canton #22-480 oil cooler thermostat = $190.00 (includes shipping)
Canton #23-465A 1-1/16 -12 port to -10AN = $47.00 (2 packs of two)
Aeroquip AN10 fittings and 6' of hose (through Summit) = $160.00
Custom 1/8" aluminum mounting bracket (painted black in picture) = $10.00 (the local metals shop would only sell me a 2'x2' sheet)
Long rivets = $2.50 (local hardware store)

Tools and stuff that you will need: -10AN wrench, a couple crescent wrenches that can expand to more than 1" wide, electrical tape (to protect the fittings), a can of WD-40 (hose/fittings lube), a roll of paper towels (to capture dripping oil). A "nice-to-have" is a bench vise and the aluminum grips that you use to install AN fittings (I bought one a while back and it pays for itself quickly).

Plan on 3-4 hours start to finish. I took my time. Pretty easy stuff.

I used the new hose to route the lines to the cooler (was just enough), while I re-used one of the existing cooler lines to fab the short loop from the remote filter housing to the t-stat. I ended up with one extra older cooler line that will probably become garage art. You can do this on a better budget by reusing existing cooler lines and fittings, but my cooler line fittings had faded over time and I just wanted everything to be fresh. I used the old parts to fabricate an "emergency connector" in the event that I ever get a leak in my oil cooler. I just bought two -10AN male to male connectors and now I can just unhook the lines from the cooler and connect the two with this joining piece if I'm ever in a pinch while on the road.

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 03-21-2007 at 01:27 PM..