View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreez
I have mentioned this before...it's nice to read this forum, but this club is only offering track events....not much more... that I can see. I don't think, (and from what I read, it seems to be backed up by the numbers at the events...) that the club officers are NOT providing what members want. I would have a REAL problem contributing to this club if ANY of the proceeds of members went to SUBSIDIZE those that want to race, and no one else. It seems that happens, and correct me if I am wrong. Those participants should subsidize themselves...I have raced real cars much of my life, and you should pay your own way, that's the way it should be. Also, a BIG thing, not everyone wants to beat on their car at a "walter middy" race weekend. What about car shows or other gatherings? It seems the club meets once a year at the reptile round up that's it. The reptile round up is an unadvertised cobra people only event for the most part, no showing off to the rest of the world! During the rest of the year, no meetings, breakfasts, caravans to events, or any place to show off these cars. I bought my car and expected to participate in some events, but all track events , no way. Give some other options to a member!
Cbreez
The last Reptile Roundup had 2 days on track and 1 day of off track things to do. Lots of people participated in the track event. Few people showed up to the car show, poker run and banquet. I can't stand to sit all day at a car show. But I came, I sat and I supported my club. Where were the waxers? I put many hours, miles and money into coming up with a poker run route in an area that seems completely devoid of interesting roads. What did you do?

Did you go to the 12 hours of Sebring? Rob Ginn secured the best parking place at Sebring for the DSCC. Just a place to get together and show your car, not to race. How many members showed up? I did and it was awesome. We had a great time.

The DSCC tried to put together something for the historic races at Sebring for us to meet at. Just a place to get together and show your car, not to race. Nobody wanted to go so it was dropped.

The track events have been the only source of income for the club. That income has helped pay for other things. Not the other way around. None of the track guys have said stink about subsidizing other things with their track fees. If that money wasn't there the club would have already failed.

The officers of the club are not compensated for the work they do. We have, what, 4 officers? You want those 4 people to put together car shows and cruises all over the Southeast? Gee, what would they do in thier spare time. It is up to the members to help put together events that interest them in their area and the club will give it's support. Ask not what the DSCC can do for you, ask what you can do for the DSCC.

Every year at the annual meeting some asks "we want a car show or get together in our area". The club answers back, "great, let's do it." "Now who in your area wants to work at getting it set up?" Chirp chirp chirp.... No volunteers. This isn't the Porsche club where we have a major manufacturer putting up tons of money to organize an event. In the past DSCC officers have even had to take money out of their pockets to put down deposits on food and a hall to eat it at. They have put out the money for postage and envelopes to send out information packets.

So I ask, what have you done lately to make the DSCC the club you want it to be?

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42