View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     
Default Florida Club Activity

I sold my Unique FIA in January and have an ERA FIA on order, that will hopefully be ready by Sept. The most fun I have ever had was the 2 day 'high performance driving school' at the Reptile Roundup in Gainesville in 2005. Absolutely amazing to be able to learn you car's limits (and your own) in a safe environment, along with a group of men and women sharing the interest in these great cars.

We have a couple of cobra owners here in Miami that would like to be able to do some sort of a 'one day' cruise each month (at least during the Nov - April period - 'the winter'). We would like to get some 'north of Miami' participants as well (i.e., Fort Lauderdale, West Palm).

With the high population density in SE Florida, one of the nicer cruises (starting out EARLY in the am to beat local traffic), is to take a tree lined Old Cutler Road south, down into Homestead, pass by the Speedway, and take the Card Sound Road (the back way) to Key Largo. Based on time and your schedule, you can have breakfast in some waterfront cafe, then cruise down a couple of more 'Keys', and return. I have done it, ostensibly leaving the house in Coral Gables to go for a cup of coffee at the local Starbucks (4 blocks from my house), and have ended up in Key West!!

There must be some nice cruise routes in WPB and Fort Lauderale areas, and possibly hooking up with some cobra owners in the Naples area to maybe go to Marco Island???? If anyone in South Florida is interested, send me a PM or email, and I will put together a NOTIFY LIST and see if we can get something structured on a monthly basis, and maybe on a Quarterly basis do something a little more involved, like a week end trip (we did a weekend trip to a little bed & breakfast 35 miles NE of Orlando last year, to Deland, a skydiving center, and had a great time with early morning drives, dusk drives to the skydiving spot that had a nice little bar and patio to watch, and I did jump, much to my wife's chagrin. Then you can also do 'the loop' which is a really nice road from Daytona meandering through forests and inlets, up to Flagler Beach).

Keep in Touch!! Rick Durkin, Miami, Florida