View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

The largest crowds always show on Saturday and park their Cobras in a field and sit around and BS. At the first Reptile Roundup we were in a parking lot in a Strip Mall and we gave out a few trophies possible the closest we came to a car show but it rained most of Saturday always a bummer. At Don Garlits we were back in a field without any shade but we had Don’s Museums to visit but after seeing the Museums more than once it’s back to sitting in a field. Ok I will start with ideas for a Saturday for our largest one day group each and ever year. Since most come with their personal cobra and some people like participating in a car show lets have a few trophies to give out, best paint, peoples choice, furthest traveled etc, we could have a club with in a club as to who brings the most attendees. Maybe we could also have a scale model show of Cobras for the adults and any of the kids who would like to participate. I don’t think you will be able to find a street to drag race up with passengers for charity as is done in London Ohio each year as this is even illegal in London. A charity does bring more exposure but also many more problems and very time consuming plus maybe not even a thank you if you pick the wrong charity. Rather than trying to sell raffle tickets to a new Backdraft maybe we can just get Reg to drop his price to make anyone thinking of a new cobra a deal so good he can’t pass up the offer. A ticket for this cobra could be included with your Reptile Roundup package price of $100.00 for the Friday night Bar-B-Q, a Dash Plaque, Poker Run, T-Shirt, Car Show Trophy, Scale Model Show Trophy, and the Dinner at the Annual Banquet and DSCC meeting. Any one actually interested in a Cobra purchase would put his ticket into a barrel for the drawing to be chosen later. Of all the Cobra gatherings I have gone to I still think one of the most interesting was the one held at Silver Springs Park, but just make it for one day Saturday only. This one is good for the wife who tags a long as most have seen all the Cobras they have ever wanted to see, its also great for those with kids. I know having food at the source is also a good thing. Alright with close to 600 members lets start the ball rolling with other suggestions for Saturday.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.