CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     
Default OK, My $.02

Terry,
Greetings old friend.
Down the tubes???? Man that hurts!
I guess I owe you and other members of this club an apology for not posting more information about the previous track events. I've found that raising my son is more demanding and time consuming than I thought.
Can you believe he is 10 yrs old this month? Wow, he's growing like a weed!
The amount of time I have to post on this forum has waned and I will try harder to improve my attendance.

True, Saturday evening dinner (after racing) has been lost and I too have been leaving early. I was saving up for my latest toy and deleting one additional nights hotel costs was one of the ways to save a few clams.
I tried driving home one evening after dinner and almost fell asleep at the wheel. That changed my mind about staying for dinner.....
Well, the new toy has been purchased so hotel rooms no longer needed.
Post track event dinners are back on for Renee and I. Napolitano's anyone?

I think Jim and Robert have given enough sufficient justification as to the reason we as officers do not spend more time organizing local events.
These tasks are up to the local members in their own areas. Organizers are needed…. As usual!

As a means for DSCC members to contact each other we setup a Yahoo DSCC eGroup. I think to date we have had zero events planned using this media. OK, this isn't working....

Personally, I think in order for us to easily communicate with each other our privacy policy should be made an option when registering.
If members are open to having other Cobra owners in their area contact them about local events, we will add this option when registering. Hopefully this will aide in promoting local events.

This is a thought that I will convey in our next DSCC newsletter.

Again, this means members need to take it upon themselves to organize local gatherings; a process that has lacked enthusiasm for many years.
This was one of the main reasons I started the Reptile Roundup 5 years ago.
At present time, any member wanting to organize a local event only needs to contact me or any one of the DSCC officers.
We will be more than happy to pass on event information to members in their area.

I am hoping our new web site will strengthen our club and make communication easier.
The site should go live in the next two weeks. Cross your fingers.

Per Terry's request, this forum may also lead to more guys becoming interested in attending events. I'll make more of an effort to post.

I love this club and I hate to see members upset about my efforts to promote our cars and member camaraderie.
I have given countless hours of my personal life to organize events that cater to racing members and non-racing members.
If I have failed you as your leader, I am sorry.
I have a full time job, a full time family and limited resources in our treasury.
We (the DSCC Officers) are learning as we grow. We are trying new things this year and I hope we are able to make more members happy.

Stick with us a bit longer and continue to send us your thoughts.
Members like cbreez are vital and I'm glad he has the guts to post his opinion. Without them we wouldn't know where we need improvement.

It’s late…. I’ve got to be to work in 4-1/2 hours.
Oh damn…. I hate it when there are too many projects and not enough time!

I’ll post more soon.

Ed