View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterpatrick
Well I've reached a pivotal point with this project. It is time to start the process of mounting the body(or at least the mounting points to the frame). Now this is fairly new ground for me fiberglass is a medium that I have little experience with so this will be lots of fun. So soon it will be time to trim the furry of my raw body and put to sleep all the remarks that the untrimmed body received.

Now for the photo junkies out there I've taken some new shots of the chassis at its current state. things that have been crossed off the list seatbelt mounts, battery tray, and finished the firewall bracing.

Now for the first of many questions what is the best way to trim the crappy edge on my body. I'm thinking rotozip but what bit? I don't have a clue. Also what is the best way to adhere metal to fiberglass(door, hood, trunk frames) like I said now I'm a complete rookie. Patrick
well well well...sure the boy can weld but...can he laminate glass??/ ho ho ho...stay tuned..
"Me fodder was King Neptune, me mudder was a mermaid. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Me hair is like hemp, me arms are like spars. When I spits, I spits tar. I'm hard, I am, I is, I are. "