Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default My thoughts........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
Maybe you need to find a new “engine guy”.
Bring it down here to Vegas and have Tom Barnard build it for you.
He built mine a few years ago utilizing a hydraulic roller (heads and cam from Keith Craft) and I haven’t has a single issue.
1. I think you also want to mention he owns Tom's Motorsport. One of the best people in the industry. Also one of the smartest Strong recommendation on him doing anything. Was there this week. He did the suspension on my Shelby which included custom valved Bilstein shocks. Incredible.

2. I run a hyd roller cam in my Pond motor. Its great, Keith has Comp Cams custom grind these cams to his specs. You want to make sure you use Crane Roller Lifters. They are the best in the industry. It would be worth giving Keith a call.

3. Do not take any of Ernies advice seriously.
Distributor gears are no longer a problem. I run a steel gear which Crane makes on my MSD distributor. Will last as long as any other gear when mated properly to the cam gear. Rod Knock do not use a cast gear with steel cam gear. It will be chewed up for sure.

4. Last but not least do takes ST advice and find another engine builder who is up on the latest in the performance technology.

Last edited by RedCSX1; 04-10-2007 at 12:43 PM..