View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

Terry,
I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish with this thread, but titling it "DSCC down the tubes" just doesn't fit.
How about "DSCC trash talking on Club Cobra down the tubes"??? or perhaps “DSCC communications on Club Cobra down the tubes” better conveys your sentiment.

To bash the club, YOUR CLUB, and make the statement that we are down the tubes is a grossly inaccurate statement.
In my opinion, a lack of communication on Club Cobra doesn’t mean the club is “down the tubes”.

OK, I agree as a club the DSCC doesn’t host as many “car shows” as some like, but there are numerous DSCC member attended car shows held each week throughout Florida. A quick glance at a Cruisin Style magazine or their web site lists all the shows in any given area. If you are into car shows, why not attend a few shows in your area and see who you might meet. It’s likely you will converse with someone who knows someone, who knows someone with a Cobra….

So, how many of the guys making claims or agreeing that the club is down the tubes utilized the DSCC eGroup to organize “other” events?

I give credit to Dan and his “Deeper South Cobra Club” who all met at local car shows and took it upon them selves to organize additional gatherings without the DSCC’s assistance. The West Palm Beach Cobra Group and St Augustine’s - First Coast Cobra Club are other examples of Cobra enthusiasts that have banded together and formed clubs within a club. Our Tampa gang gets together every month for dinner at one of our houses, not always with Cobras, but gathering together as friends for most any reason (birthdays, holidays, etc).

What’s stopping others from doing the same?

Not to be outdone, we are giving it yet another go….
It’s our duty as DSCC officers to try again and again until all ideas are exhausted.

As part of his new duties as DSCC Social Director, I’ve asked our secretary Larry Hess to organize Local Area Gatherings throughout Florida. Dates of these gatherings are TBD but we hope to have more information in our upcoming newsletter.
The idea is to organize a lunchtime gathering in each large metropolitan area and gather DSCC members to meet other Cobra enthusiasts in their area. This lunch gathering will be followed by a cobra cruise and dinner at a local restaurant.
From there we hope the members take it upon themselves to continue to meet on a regular basis and create additional “clubs within a club”.
PS, volunteers are needed to help with these gatherings….
If this plan works in Florida we will expand the idea to out other states within the DSCC.

Camaraderie and friendship while sharing a love for beautiful cars is the sentiment I hope to instill among all our members.

So Terry, when are you planning to organize a Tail of the Dragon run?

SPL310, we’d welcome you to any of our events but unfortunately I can’t let you run on the track without a roll bar.

Ed

Last edited by Engineer Ed; 04-10-2007 at 07:14 PM..