View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 351w Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Air Cleaner Discussions for 48IDA's

I have seen several comments about air cleaners on Webers. I am in the initial stages of tuning my webers and do not have it correct at this point, however here is what I think is happening:

Tune the vehicle to where it runs perfect, plugs reading correct after test drives (50 miles or so) and car runs pretty darn well. Install the velocity stack individual air screens and it appears that the carbs are going rich. This makes sense based on comments about these air screens being overly restrictive. The only way to properly tune them would be to do it with the screens on. Then, how much HP are you losing because of the restriction?? I have also heard the the air filters that cover two stacks each (KN I Think) are less restrictive and do not affect the tuning as much.

There are many threads on tuning, jets, emulsion tubes, etc. but I was wondering if others are experiencing this issue as well?? I would love to hear comments on Air Cleaners and how everyone is dealing with this issue.

One last thing, I'm not using a exhaust gas analyzer of any kind to tune. Do you guys think its worth the investment?