View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Ah, you lucky bum, Italy has always been one of my favorite places, I was lucky enough to drive from the South East a long the West coast, into France, up to UK and back through Switzerland to Italy to Greece. We loved every minute of it. Spent most of our time in small towns away from tourist, camped sometimes along the way. If you are on a tour, you will encounter some of the problems you mentioned, everyone knows where you are, when you are going to be there and that you do'nt have time to argue. Keep calm, hands on your wallet and your camera and never show your money until you confirm the price....

and don't let your credit card out of your sight if you can help it, particularly if its an American based card, some shaddy places have machines to swipe your data and your card travels without you to exotic places and buys exotic services. Best way to prevent that is to call your card company, give them your itinerary and ask them not to honor charges from places other than those on your route. Then call again when you get home.