View Single Post
Old 07-26-2001, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

I have an EM cobra and all I can say is they were great to deal with.

I have a number of Cobra people in my area that came by to look at my car as I was building and many of them said they could not believe how well it was constructed and how easy it went together.

If I ever build another cobra, I would not have any reservations about making it an EM.

Sometimes they take a little longer to ship out add on parts like tops and tonneau covers but I think when I ordered I got my chassis in 3 weeks and I think the body was ready 3 or 4 weeks after the day I ordered it.

Bob over there is a great person to deal with and was a tremendous help during the build.

I can't say enough good things about their service as far as I am concered.

There are however 2 things about the car I would change.

I have a 428 in my car and it sits very low giving me very little clearance at the oil pan. If you plan on using a big block tell them you want the engine mounts raised....they will know why.

If you choose the corvette suspension and don't have it narrowed (which I didn't), you will not be able to use true knock offs.

Given that those are really my only 2 gripes with the kit, I would say call Bob or Buford and get one today!