View Single Post
Old 07-26-2001, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 351W
Not Ranked     

So far the overall quality of the kit has been good, but I did not buy a complete kit. Instead I am buying what I need as I complete each stage (spreads the cost out over time for me). Delivery has been 50/50 (50% of the time the parts are as promised, 50% of the time the parts are late). My understanding is that they do all the fabrication in house in order to maintain quality, but this seems to cause long lead times. Perhaps not enough personnel. The assembly manuals are OK. When I have any questions about an assembly I just call. They have been very helpful.

I did have one major problem with my kit. Everett-Morrison offers 90" & 96" wheelbase models. I ordered the 96". After installing the suspension and engine I made a measurement for the wheel base and was surprised to find out I had a 90" . To correct the problem, Everett-Morrison sent a flatbed towtruck to my house, picked up the assembled rolling chassis, corrected the problem and returned the car to my house. They even installed the headers and fuel tank that I had on order at no charge while the chassis was in their shop. They also corrected a problem with my sway bar. In my opinion, they did a very good job of correcting the error.

I will let you know if the body comes in on time as promised.

Have you visited their production facility? It is a nice operation. Several cars were on the floor being assembled when I visited. Overall quality seems excellent.