Old 04-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ACAUTOCRAFT
Rick I don't want to be rude but your power figures are a bit high. Shelby claims their block is good for 1500 HP (This would be an extreme case, a blown motor running on Nitro), Facts are, most street motors put out between 300 and 500hp when run on a proper dyno. I recently saw a guy bring a Cobra with a motor build by a well known engine builder who will remain nameless, the claim was 575HP, the motor dynoed at 375HP and that's not the only case.
Yes, modern aluminum blocks have been enhanced compared to originals but the material itself is much softer than iron no matter what. Threads strip easily etc.
You know what gets me? Folks who use skimpy and outdated informational bases, and then profess to know WTF they are talking about. In your previous thread where you seemingly desired to be seen as asking the same question, you cited an early 60s Buick aluminum engine design as empirical evidence of whatever conclusion you wished to reach.

It gets old... Shhhhh.

Do yourself a real big favor...don't respond with a smartass or assinine response...I'm not in the mood.

Aluminum vs, Cast Iron Block

Last edited by Jamo; 04-28-2007 at 12:59 PM..