View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Nick,
I tried the Mustang tie rod ends, but the thread pattern is different. The Mustang II tie rod ends are the correct thread pattern, but only come in a 3 1/2" length. So, a couple calls to Flaming river and finally got the correct part numbers. The 5" units I ordered (FR 1630) came in today and threaded right on the inner tie rods. They even come with jam nuts.

I have the birdcage finished, the hood and trunk hinges finished, the door hinges and hoops almost done, pedal box finished and all the brake parts ready for assembly. I need to pop the body off and finish up the welds that are just tacked in place now and then start on the aluminum pieces. Lots of little bits and pieces to do yet, but seeing some progress.

I need to buy a few more tools and a bunch of aluminum to get rolling on the tubs, etc... How did you get the templates for the pieces? Did you just use construction paper to make templates? I'm not looking forward to this part at all.