View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     
Default A Question to Ponder!

Well the time has finally come. Next week the Cobra goes into the pits @ QLD tranport and hopefully I'll come out with a compliant, adr approved, registered Cobra.

However I still have one problem and I am want to know what you good people think. My Speedo gauge is in MPH! I did buy another Gauge the same size and brand in KMPH however when I opened it recently I found it was the wrong gauge and was in MPH again! Sending it back and getting my money back so all is good there (it was the wrong gauge in the right box). However I am still left with a MPH Speedo.

Idea 1) My MPH gauge is actually an electronic unit and I have actually calibrated it to read in KMPH. IE when I am doing 60 kms it reads 60 MPHs, when I am doing 100 kms it reads 100 MPHs and so on.

Could I just open up my gauge and put a sticker over the MPH that reads KMPH or would this be frowned on by QLD transport?

Idea 2) Isn't there those little computer things that tell you how many G's, 1/4 mile est and kms per hour? Could I use one of these as well as my Speedo. Or would this be like using a GPS Navman which may not be acceptable?

What do you fellas think?